Welcome to Worship! Use this online guide to connect with us and enrich your study of God’s Word.
Isaiah 30 Sermon Notes
“Looking for Help in All the Wrong Places”
Outline of Isaiah 30
- Isaiah 30:1-7, Egypt’s Help is .
- Isaiah 30:8-17, Judah’s Heart is .
- Isaiah 30:18-33, The Lord will be .
Digging Deeper: Isaiah 30:18-33 is filled with wonderful promises to the people of Judah in their day of
distress. Beloved church family, can you think of similar promises that God has made to us through Jesus
- , For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ.
And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God (NIV).
- , “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of
faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in
your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes
and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone
who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek;
for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- , He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not
also with him graciously give us all things?
Points of Immediate Application
- For adults, memorize and meditate upon Hebrews 13:5-6: Keep your life free from the love of
money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- For children, memorize Psalm 56:3, When I am afraid, I will trust in you, LORD.
Share the Promises of God in Jesus Christ!
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise;
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always;
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart;
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.